SALISBURY TOWN HALL – 1869

Salisbury, VT

YEAR COMPLETED
2017

SALISBURY TOWN HALL – 1869

Salisbury, VT

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995, this example of Greek Revival Architecture was built in 1869 as a single-story building with a second story added in 1908. Throughout its life, the building housed the town offices, the public library, and served as a gymnasium for the local school. VIA worked with the town of Salisbury to examine the feasibility of repurposing the building as a community center, considering accessibility, life safety, energy efficiency, and functionality, with careful attention to its historic significance.

VERMONT INTEGRATED ARCHITECTURE, PC │ 137 MAPLE STREET, SUITE 29B MIDDLEBURY, VT 05753 │ 802-989-7294