- Bachelor of Architecture, Highest Distinction, University of Buffalo, NY
- Bristol Village Cohousing – Member and Operations
- Brandon Free Public Library
- Killington Mountain School
- Kimball Union Academy
- University of Buffalo, summa cum laude
- 2017 Diversity and Design Billboard Competition, Honorable Mention
- 2016 Hyatt’s Design Award
At a young age, my family would take me hiking and I would wonder at the majesty and beauty of the natural landscape. I was taught that nature, like people, must be treated with compassion, respect, and care, and that we are the caretakers of our lives, our relationships, and our world. I also grew up with a hunger to create, always tinkering and drawing and making. Building a shed/fort with my uncle was formative for me. After that, I knew I had to live a life where my hands and ideas could transform the world around me; to build and create. This led me to Architecture school, where, for me, the divide between our manufactured spaces contrasted starkly with the natural and vibrant world I loved so much.
I believe that design can be deeply respectful towards the environment and ourselves, and that through sustainable architecture and stewardship we can craft a healthier world for future generations. Beautiful design and construction need not compete with nature; there are so many ways in which to integrate the two. At VIA, I am excited to put my beliefs into action, working toward better care for our environment and our communities.